Friday, October 23, 2009

Computer Shop Assistant /Attendant Job Qualification

Do you love computer? me I love computer so much that's why I'm working here at the computer shop for almost 5 years now. I did not finished my college because of my family's financial problem that's why it's hard for me to get a more stable or much better job. At the age of 16 I started to work as a Computer Assistant in my cousins computer shop, it is a small computer shop in a provincial town composing of 20 computer units. From there I learn that working is the starts of my learning, because when you are starting to work you didn't know anything although you came from a school, because what we learn in school is far different in actual work. What you get in school is only an idea or a background and when you go to work and experience it that's how you actually learn and understand everything. We learn through experience and experience is important to a job seeker, if you are newly graduate and 1st time worker you need to be fast learner, more patience and willing to learn and understand new things. People think that working in the internet cafe is an easy task, they think if you have knowledge in computer like basics is its enough. Working in the internet cafe is not only about working in computers, we also doing costumer service. It's such a pain to me working with a costumers, why? because they always say "costumers always right" which is very untrue and whoever made this sayings he is a very hypocrite person. Is it your fault if your costumer is moron? a simple copy and paste can't do, also they are not reading before they ask you. Some of our costumers is a Big Idiot! that's what I hate in my job so much, working in an office or place where you cannot encounter costumers is way better than doing a costumer service. You always need to have a long patience and understanding which the thing I didn't have but I still survive and i still working here in a Computer Shop. As of now I'm working in a Computer Shop inside the mall here in Manila, all I can say is the costumers in provinces is better than the costumers here in Manila. Most of the costumers here in Manila specially those rich people of feeling rich is very stupid, as if like they paying your life the way they treat the people who serves for them.

What you need to learn to become effective Computer Assistant/Attendant are these,..
-you must have knowledge in software application and basic trouble shooting.
-you must be good and in Microsoft Office application, Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, Etc.
-you must have a knowledge in simple editing, photo editing or data editing using Adobe Photoshop, Corel, or Fireworks etc.
-you need to be fast learner and understand computer very well.
-you need to have knowledge in computer games.
-you must be a costumer oriented.
-you need to have a good communication skills.

If you work in a Computer Shop who offers a lot of services like typing, researching, Zerox, binding, fax, photo editing, video editing, music editing, mp3 burning etc. you must learn how to do all of this stuff, learn and discover new software to use. In my cousins computer shop we do a lot of services like this and we always gives what costumers need. I felt glad that in the computer shop I'm working now we didn't do a lot of services like this so my work is now easier than before. When you apply as a Computer Assistant or Computer Attendant don't expect a good salary like the minimum rate or higher salary because it has not. The only benefits you can get in working in a computer shop is that you can use an Internet for free, you can surf or even play a games for free. And if you want to earn an extra income with this benefits look for a part-time computer jobs like being a Virtual Assistant, or do some computer works for other people. It's very important that you have a lots of knowledge or things that can do in computer in order to earn more. Through the past years that I have been working in a Computer Shop I learned that in the world of computer/internet every knowledge is a money, that's why keep on learning, researching and discovering a lot of computer knowledge because the more Computer knowledge you have the more money you can make only if you know how to turn your knowledge into money.

0 comments: