Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ondoy stikes the Philippines

Bagyong Ondoy/ Typhoon Ondoy strikes the Philippines and leave the Philippines disaster. After a long long years this is my first time to experienced the flood. I only see the flood in the news and I can't never imagine that I can experienced the flood in my real life. September 26, 2009 that was a rainy Saturday when all of the sudden a flood surprise the whole metro Manila. Starts with a low level flood and goes higher so fast. I was at my work then in Farmers Mall, we were having an Internet Marketing Seminar when suddenly everything's turned into dark, a black out came until the Farmers Mall admin told us to leave because the mall will be closing due to the power interruption. Meralco cut the flow of electricity in some selected areas in Metro Manila due to the heavy flood. While leaving at the mall I saw the underground of the Farmers Mall flooded, it's like a big swimming pool. That was my first time to see the mall like that, all of the lessee at the underground was being damage of that flood. When i did get out of the mall there's no more transportation everywhere. It took me 2 hours walking and walking over in Cubao area waiting for a jeepney or taxi to arrive but there's none. Until I decided to took the route of Recto in order to get home in Bliementritt. I ride into the LRT Train up to Legarda station and wait for the jeepney going to Lealtad. But even the transportation in Legarda stops because of the flood. Whatever happened I need to hurry get home before the flood goes higher due to the continuous rain. I did walked from Leagarda station to Bluementritt. I walked in the flood within my chest level. That was so hard my legs is like cramping and I felt I wanna faint in that dirty water of flood. That was the most worst experience I've ever had. After 2 hours of walking in the flood I felt relieved when I get home, at lease my place is not in the flood I'm now feel safe. I watched the news and realize that the flood brings the Metro Manila into Disaster!
Nearly 300,000 people affected by the storm including some 47,000 who were brought to schools, churches, and evacuation shelters. The classes at all levels was suspended since Monday up to friday in Metro Manila. Also the bar exam and teachers licensure exam was also been cancelled. Ondoy roared across Luzon last Saturday dumping more than a months worth of rain in just 12 hours. A lot of people died and up until now the other dead bodies hasn't been discovered from the mud. Some survivors still marooned on top of half-submerged buses and rooftops. Some dangerously clung on high-voltage power lines while others plodded through waist high flood water. There were also incident of landslide and fire. This is the most worst disaster in the Philippines history. Everyone will never forget this worst experience through their entire life specially the victims. Somehow I felt lucky to myself and felt sorry to those people who gets affected. I'm hoping for a past recovery of the Philippines. If only I can help to those people but I can only give Prayers.

0 comments: